Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What's Going On?












Why is Kim posting everyday, she's just talking about non-sense?!? Very true...I might be!

Let's see if there might be some good points has to how The Siesta Hut could be a real deal. These questions are for you to answer and also your feedback and responses may help me as well.  I encourage you all to respond below...it can be fun! In the future, it will be okay to just use scrap paper and/or respond to me privately with your answers.

Today, I will give a little fun quiz to see what you all know about Occupational Therapy and Rehab Counseling based on what you have learned from my posts. Here we go:

1. Rehabilitation Counseling is:
a. a profession that helps individuals with substance abuse issues overcome their issues
b. a professional counselor that helps individuals with physical, mental, developmental or emotional disabilities gain independence while going through the process of finding gainful employment which often times works on improving psychological and social components in an individuals life.
c. it's the same thing as a social worker...don't be silly.
d. working in a school setting with students who are struggling in more than one area and can help make the IEP process run smoothly.

2. OT stands for:
a. I don't know.....Ms. Kim is just another teacher at school.
b. Other Things the Physical Therapist doesn't do
c. Occupational Therapy
d. Over Time

3. Occupational Therapy is:
a. Helping individuals with disabilities find jobs
b. Helping kids learn how to cut with scissors and hand write
c. Having a background in psychology, OT's have the ability to focus on stress management, time management and relaxation techniques so individuals can preform ADL's to their maximum potential.
d. All of the above

4. Play, Work, Education and Rest:
a. Are areas that an individual could discuss with a Rehabilitation Counselor if they feel like they are struggling.
b. Are areas that an individual could discuss with an OT if they feel like they are struggling
c. Are not that important and should not be areas that individuals should worry about. As long as someone can walk and use the bathroom independently, they should stop complaining.
d. Both a and b.

5. It is Kim's belief The Siesta Hut should be based on:
a. Sleeping every afternoon to make up for insomnia
b. The Motto: Holistic Approach. Productive Results.
c. A time every afternoon to consume Latino alcoholic beverages.
d. Maintaining health and well being, determining what is most important to you as an individual and then using techniques to fulfill your passion, enhance productivity and find a balance.
e. both b and d

I think I should give a prize for those who have a top score. I have no idea what that prize is, but I'll think of something!    A round of applause? A great smile? A hug from me? Or a summer lunch with me on a patio? Latino beverages? Stickers?    

COMMENT BELOW.



2 comments:

  1. Ok! I'm up for the test!

    1. B

    2. OT stands for: C (although it could feel like D a lot of the time? But I think SLP stands for 'D' too, sometimes :) )

    3. D

    4. D

    5. E

    :) I'm up for a smile from you any day.

    -tb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you tb......you received 100% :) :)

    ReplyDelete

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...