Saturday, October 7, 2017

Happiness Is....



I haven't written a "Kim-ism" in awhile but I've been wondering what happiness is to people.

In the past I have written about the difference between happiness and contentment. This week I've written about the fact that we all have bad circumstances to deal with which can bring up negative feelings, it's only natural.

What I see for a lot of people is that happiness is having the bad circumstances go away, obtaining money, materials and people who approve of us and our actions for long periods of time. Everyone is seeking happiness as a constant way of life, a goal to obtain, when really it's just a few moments here and there. We just have to learn not to miss them and gain appreciation for them.

We can't always agree with others, money doesn't grow on trees, loss and accidents happen. So is it assumed that because these things exist - we're all missing out on obtaining our goal to be happy?

What I've recently noticed is happiness comes in really small doses. Unlike the big bad negative stuff that lingers.......happiness tends to sneak right in there and then quickly disappear.

Again, just like with the bad circumstances - we each have a choice on what we do with these doses of happiness. Let them slip by......or use our senses to taste, smell, see, hear, feel what is making us feel so good, so we can store it in our memory bank. Or let the tiny moments race by and then feel negative and unhealthy that we're never given anything worth being happy about.

Think about it.....
Sunsets/sunrises, chocolate chip cookies, belly laughs, a kind compliment, and all the other things that can make people happy......slip by so quickly. 

I hope I keep catching these little moments and embracing them to the fullest!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Reading this is a HAPPY MOMENT in my day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent and so true!
    My grandson (7) has CP. Sarah S. referred me to your blog.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and the nice compliment! It is good to know I maybe influencing others.

      Delete

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...