Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Getting to Know Yourself Through Hobbies!


Our theme for this month is..........Hobbies.....Play/Leisure.........and Adventure!

I have a few questions for you regarding how you view hobbies. It is okay to answer these questions to yourself. Maybe you will want to keep a little notepad or book of answers and thoughts to these questions. If you want to share them personally with me or with everyone else, that is always encouraged too!

1. I have several hobbies that I participate in on a regular basis.

                    1     2     3     4     5

2. I have enough time to participate in hobbies.

                   1     2     3     4     5

3. The hobbies I have encourage a healthy body and fitness.

                   1     2     3     4     5

4. The hobbies I have encourage positive socialization.

                  1     2     3     4     5

5. I have enough money to participate in hobbies.

                  1     2     3     4     5

6. The hobbies I have provide me with some sort of a challenge (mentally, physically, emotionally).

                 1     2     3     4     5

7. I participate in a wide variety of fun and recreational activities with my family members (kids, siblings, parents).

                1     2     3     4     5

8. The hobbies I do have help relax me.

               1     2     3     4     5

9. I am able to enjoy myself and the company of others and have fun without extra assistance from substances (alcohol, prescription drugs, caffeine, illegal drugs).

              1     2     3     4     5

10. Play/recreational activities/leisure time/hobbies are priorities in my life.

              1     2     3     4     5

11. My life feels a little richer because of the hobbies I do have.

              1     2     3     4     5

12. I am able to participate in hobbies without feeling exhausted.

             1     2     3     4     5

13. Participating in hobbies do not make me feel anxious.

             1     2     3     4     5

14. I have the physical ability to participate in hobbies that I think look fun.

             1     2     3     4     5

15. I have chosen the hobbies I participate in (they were not the decision of my significant other, friends, parents/other family members).

            1      2     3     4     5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...