Monday, June 13, 2016

Time Management

I feel like this is a term or idea that has not always existed. Prior to technology advances people had to work to put food on the table, heat their houses and to clean their clothes. There was really no question how individuals spent their time. At 7 or 8 years old, kids didn't have the option of playing organized sports or video games or watching TV. They helped around the household. Therefore parents had less running around to do after work. There weren't many households with two incomes so collecting/hoarding items wasn't an issue so people had to spend less time sorting and cleaning out their houses.

To me time management is now a term that our society has embraced as so many other things have changed. It's a term that bureaucratic administrators and human resource departments love because if it's done correctly productivity will increase. It's an
idea that will keep me employed in the current position I have.

How do you plan on maintaining a stable job, raising kids, getting appropriate amounts of sleep without managing your time? Do you feel your time is used wisely? How are your time management skills? I know for myself I start with a "to do" list or a schedule and then after a few days or even a week or 2 I will go off course and stay off course until I feel stressed or behind with the things I want to accomplish. Then I will start over again with fresh goals and ideas on how to manage my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...