Saturday, June 25, 2016

The History of Kim's Adventures

I have to admit it is hard being crazy adventure lady everyday! I had to ask myself, does this mean I don't have a passion for life?

After I thought about the adventure challenge I had everyone think about last week, old pictures and memories started popping up on my Facebook newsfeed every morning. And this allowed me to think about my memories and my past.

17-18 years ago - traveling to Europe for the first time without my family; riding one of the biggest roller coasters at Cedar Point at the time.

13 years ago - signing karaoke, speaking in front of legislators at the capital regarding the state assistance I received to receive my education and become employed. millions of first dates (not really an exaggeration)

5-9 years ago - canoeing, kayaking in the Bahamas, tubing, horse back riding in different states, sushi eating, bourbon drinking (ick) to parasailing in California

In the past 3 years I have gone zip lining, stood on a glass floor at the top of a skyscraper and rode a bus line alone in Chicago (yes - this scared me to death, I've always lived in small cities and when I travel I tend to be a follower.)

From signing an offer on a house to attending singles mixers and meet up groups alone I often get "Oh I would never do that." as a response from people.

Writing all of this down and reminiscing has given me the opportunity to reflect on everything I have done so far and it's only the middle of my life! The past couple of weeks have been a quiet shift. It just allows me to realize that there needs to be a balance and the gratuity for everything that I have done so far is slipping into that realization.

Yay! The purpose for maintaining this blog is shinning through!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...