Thursday, January 4, 2018

#8 Sunsets!

I have always liked pretty sunsets. Who doesn't?


On my daily bike rides I go around the block I live on 5 times which takes about 35 minutes for me. In September after work had started back up I began this bike rides as the sun was setting.  The 90 degree weather slipped away with the sun even though the warm breeze remained. Each time I would ride along the street with an open field to the west, I would see the changes in the sun as it dropped lower and lower along the horizon. I didn't have to pay for it or push a button to make this happen, it was out of my control. I was reminded the universe was bigger than me. Regardless of my attitude or the negative things in the media, the sun always sets.

For a few weeks this fall, I craved these 35 minutes. It was worth the busy days at work in the non-air conditioned buildings.

I've spent time reading and thinking about mindfulness and the importance of slowing down to appreciate the smaller things in life and the impact these things can have on my life. The beauty and simplicity of sunsets have helped me realize applying these things to my daily routine really does work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...