Wednesday, January 3, 2018

#7 Home Sweet Home

I have a huge sense of pride that I was able to have a house built for myself in 2012. The gratitude and happiness occurs on a regular basis when I realize I have created a home for myself. The majority of it looks exactly like I want it to.  I've worked hard and put forth effort on my own to make minor improvements and maintain it. On the outside I will forever have the memories of my dad and I creating the landscaping together. It is definitely comfortable, relaxing and my safe place to fall when I need to recharge.  It is very close to being a true Siesta Hut. I would change very little and I like being here.

To me, my home represents not only comfort but my independence. Despite "the big bad thing" the time, effort and money I have put forth has paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...