Wednesday, November 29, 2017

#1

The Piss Pond
Whitehall.

Everyone needs a home away from home. On Friday afternoons when I am driving northwest on interstate 96, I get the happiest feeling of anticipation for the weekends that are about to occur.





It's a place where I don't have to go to work, pay bills or run other errands.

It's a place where there is constant relaxation, laughter and love from people you really care about.

It's a place that is beautiful and fulfills the hype of a Pure Michigan commercial.

It's a place to sneak away and recharge. I discovered this was going to be my place the summer I turned 12 years old even though I have been going to Whitehall since I was born.

 I've learned how to calmly sit on a front porch to eat and talk all day long without accomplishing a damn thing.

I've learned what true friendship is in Whitehall.

I am very lucky to have repeated all of these happy feelings over and over for the past 24 years!

I am excited there are more of these memories coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...