Saturday, December 9, 2017

#2 - One of the components of travel


There are so many moments during a trip that make me feel happy. This is a very global feeling I get when I go somewhere new.

I love to travel and see new places. One of the happiest moments of traveling is realizing how big the world really is.

Each time I have gone to Chicago I have been able to sit on a tour bus or train and watch out the window and see all of the neighborhoods and big buildings. I have always wondered what life is like for people in these new places I am seeing. I also do this when I am able to get a window seat on a plane.

I think it makes me feel happy that I am only a small piece of this really big world and there are millions of other people living their lives. Everything seems to be moving and going forward like a well oiled machine even though my routine has been disrupted for a few days. In these few moments I am okay with not having a sense of control. I feel curious but yet I am able to appreciate the routine I will go back to at home. When I am not home it is fun to realize airports, tourist traps, restaurants and places I have been are still operating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...