Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Importance of Gratitude


The more I think about gratitude and practice it, the better I feel. I feel less negative towards myself and the world around me. It provides me with the opportunity to feel a sense of pride for what I have accomplished and also feel fortunate for the people and things in my life. This helps me sleep better and sometimes I am even able to focus better on tasks that I hope to accomplish. I am certain there are other health benefits it is helping me with as well.

I think it's cool that individuals on Facebook and other forms of social media are able to write about what they are grateful for each day of the month of November. That is what Thanksgiving is all about and there are many negative things in the media. It's good to work on making things as positive as possible.

This week my college intern and I are going to have the students on our caseload write about 5 things they are grateful for. It will be cool to explain what the concept means and also see what they say. This will be the first time I have done this.

Throughout this month and other times of the year I will also continue to work on this.

https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/gratitude-appreciation/

http://happierhuman.com/benefits-of-gratitude/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...