Sunday, November 12, 2017

Gratitude for Yoga.


Yesterday and a small portion of today I was on my feet walking while I shopped.  I had fun shopping yesterday but my legs and the rest of my body are pretty tight and sore.

Thankfully I know exactly what to do. I'm still working on when and how often I do it.......but when I make the effort, yoga and stretching makes me feel so much better. It not only helps with sore tired muscles but belly aches and sinus difficulties as well. For each aliment, I know which stretches and poses to do for about 15 minutes.

Aside from the physical benefits, yoga is also teaching me to remember to be patient and appreciate what my body has to offer. I can tell when I have progressed or improved with a pose because I am checking in with my body and how it feels. I don't need to pass a test or to keep track on a timer - I just know I what my performance level is based on what my body is telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...