Sunday, December 10, 2017

#3 Putting travel into motion



When I was little my parents took us on some pretty standard vacations. When I was in high school something inside of me woke up.......traveling and getting away from the parental/daughter dynamics was pretty much the most amazing feeling I'd ever had! This fire inside of me must be re-lit, quite often. Probably more than I can currently afford. But that's no reason to ignore this spark/desire.

There are so many things about travel that make me happy! So, why not just do it? Until there's financially no way to do it, I need to go!

I'm not sure why but it's easy to question and hesitate.......going. Where should I go? When should I go? These are easily solved. Anywhere. And when I'm not working, because in this regard I'm blessed.

What to spend my money on? Who do I go with? These are a little bit harder questions to answer, for me anyways. I spend lots of time pondering these questions and brainstorming. I say when I have more money or when this person is available, I'll go.

But I'm kinda StayCationed out.  I'm kinda over pondering or waiting for a better time.

This morning I woke up asking the same questions I've been asking myself for a couple of years but I had a couple of answers. Suddenly, my desire burst and within an hour and a half a trip was booked! 

I couldn't be more excited for me 2 week break. I'm feeling a sense of pride I stopped pondering.

New York City and East Coast here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...