Sunday, December 31, 2017

I can't stage happiness but I can obtain it...


This past year has been a subtle but permanent year of changes for the best. It's been a year to put into motion the positive things I've begun to learn about myself. The previous few years were a time of reflection, realizations, letting go and growth.

I was able to travel a lot and I kept in touch with a lot of great people. However, the so called important events such as "spring break", my birthday, Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years Eve were rather ordinary days. Actually, I like to look at them as days to catch up and rest. I have mastered and understand the true beauty of being by myself (it's been a goal I've been wanting to obtain). This year I have begun to enjoy the simple and free things that life has to offer such as sunsets, yoga, bike rides and writing. In the past I have physically participated in these things but didn't latch onto there importance. These small things have averted me away from my negative thoughts towards my job, cold weather and other mundane activities.

I truly believe in order to have a full life and a happy life, it's important to take time and effort to invest in myself. In 2017, I have started to visualize what the near future looks like and I really like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...