Monday, July 10, 2017

The Path To Health!


I realize for healthy mental and emotional healthy striving for physical health is also important.

I guess you could say, I also really believe in moderation!

During my summer break I am able to make sure I take a bike ride, I can control my eating habits and of course I am committed to my vision therapy.

I've set baby goals.....to give up Pepsi and Facebook...neither has happened. I have a phone reminder every 2 hours to drink water and many times I ignore it. My neck is incredibly tight and sore - especially when I spend lots of time on my phone/Facebook.

Last week along with vision exercises I began doing yoga stretches for my neck and shoulders and of course they work. Earlier this spring I was also inspired when Cher stated she was able to do a plank for 5 minutes. So, I began doing planks for as long as possible.

I will repeat, progress on everything is slow:
Pepsi: I totally have a few days here and there when I indulge......bad! I have to set the reset button and work on 64 ounces of water daily. This will be a very conscious decision. If I treat myself I loose sight of my goal.

Facebook: It's here to stay. Do I get on while I'm with people socializing or enjoying my hobbies? No. But it's an absolute habit. I like using it however there are a few instances where it doesn't help my self esteem, stress level or allow me to accomplish the goals I set for myself. I feel like less is more, the less often I'm on chances are I will enjoy seeing what my friends are up to.

Plank: The longest recorded time I have done is 2 min 31 seconds.

I shall report with an update and make myself accountable on these things next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...