Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Seeing The World On My Bike!




Seaside, OR










Last year was a year of transition for me. No job change, big move or relationship change however I began to wonder what my passions were. Bike riding, traveling, writing top the list. In a very unspontaneous  manner, I decided I should make the most out of these things.

The thought crossed my mind........why am I not making an effort to see as much as I can while riding my bike? Most days mainly because of convenience and safety since I ride alone on my own each day. The past few years I have begun riding on the bike trail and Lansing with friends and/or participating in the Ability Tour a local bike tour. Last summer when I took a bike ride through San Francisco across The Golden Gate Bridge and through Sausalito, I only wanted to do more! One way to expand my horizons and views of the world is to bike ride in some different places.

Freight on Muskegon Lake! 
When I decide to make a change, I move slowly. This summer so far I have rode along the board walk in Seaside, OR and along a bike path around Muskegon Lake here in Michigan. Both rides have made me so happy/fulfilled! In Seaside and in Muskegon I saw plants/flowers, animals, freights beach homes and got closer to a mountain cliff than I normally would have from a car. It's cheap and it allows me to physically active....there's no downside to taking a daily bike ride!

I wonder where I will end up next?!














No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...