Sunday, June 11, 2017

Happy Past......Happy Future!


I look back at my past and I am grateful for all of the cool things I have been able to do! Close friendships, an education, traveling, being independent, trying new things and having good acquaintances are all things I treasure. I will be honest, sometimes looking into the past is easier for me than moving forward. I will mourn the way things used to be. Or I will say, "I've been there, done that, I don't want or need to do it again." On a positive note I will think a lot about how much I grown and changed as an individual even though my physical situation hasn't changed much for a few years now. I think looking into the past gives me the opportunity to reflect and be self aware.

I started putting pictures on Facebook for Throwback Thursday. But thoughts crossed my mind.........these memories are truly for me to reminisce about , there's so many little things that have made me happy thus far and instead of rehashing the past I need to continue to move forward and make my future just as amazing! I heard a celebrity being interviewed and she said "I never look back." I chuckled to myself and thought about my views about my past, where I am headed and where I want to go. I remembered even though I've had it pretty good up until now, I must just keep swimming and chugging along...good things are going to continue to happen! And the flood of good memories and life lessons are going to continue to expand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...