Friday, June 25, 2021

Rainy days

 A summer rain in MI can feel like a reset! It makes everything come alive and fresh again, including my perspective. Instead of everything being brown, dry and prickly things are now watered, green and full of life. I appreciate the smell of the air because even though it's humid there's a special outdoor smell that is so refreshing. This weather is a great time to be productive on household tasks inside and also allows my memory bank and imagination expand. I'll also admit with all of the windows open - it's been great napping weather.

Even though I love wearing my sunglasses and riding my bike in a boring circle 1-2 times a day, I have an appreciation for days like today. I've remembered to focus on the "freshness" of the air, trees, plants and my thoughts. 

I'm taking this approach to these summer rains because it's looking like I better get used to it for the next several days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...