Saturday, June 26, 2021

Milestone birthday's

 A lot of posts on my newsfeed have been old classmates and friends turning 40 this year. As I scroll through, I think to myself "How can they be turning 40?!" I knew them when they were 7, or 12 or 18 years old. "Time passing" and "change being inevitable" are two concepts that are hard to grasp. I always need awhile to process both of these life realities. 

Then I remember, in August it's my turn. Overall, I feel okay with this. I've enjoyed my 30s and I can sense a layer of wisdom shielded over me that I didn't have when I was a young adult. Of course I have regrets but the good memories and accomplishments out weigh anything negative. There were so many things that have been foundational milestones such as individual financial stability, learning the importance of appreciating myself internally rather than proving anything externally (total work in progress) and my travel adventures really did go beyond anything I thought I would experience.

Even though I seem pretty relaxed about getting older, I can still sense the changes. Ten years ago, I specifically remember pushing myself and setting goals to have the most adventurous summer on record. How many bars, concerts, parties, trips could I fit in? This year I am searching on Amazon for books about setting boundaries, brainstorming how my house can be full time spa and wondering if a decent balance exists when careers and full time jobs are apart of my life. What a shift!? But that's how life goes!  



1 comment:

  1. I can’t believe your about to turn 40 my Kimmi! Yes, you will forever be my Kimmi! I remember the day I met you at the Galleon and Tommy Foster was up in the rafts singing. I knew you would grow up and become an accomplished lady! You my friend simply rock!!!

    ReplyDelete

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...