Saturday, September 30, 2017

Change Is Brewing....




I am taking action on the following:
1. Less time on FB - I won't go cold turkey. But my plan is not to spend 6 years of my life on FB. Yes! That's where we are all headed. I find myself clicking on the app every. single. time. I wake up, pee, come in the house, sit down, eat a meal and turn on the TV. These are all of my triggers especially when I'm alone. But I catch myself after only reading 1-2 posts and staying on less for these increments. 

I like FB while waiting in a waiting room somewhere, or if I know I absolutely have only 10 minutes to kill in between tasks, and for myself posting crap for the garage sale site and posting my journey to live a happier, healthier life. I love seeing positive things on FB and getting invited to cool things, but my stress levels, creativity and personal goals are more important. 

After these 3 things - adios! 

2. Less time to watch TV. Maybe if I turn on the TV less.......I'd click on the FB app less :) But really TV makes me cry or fall asleep. When watching the news I cry when I'm angry/frustrated, sad and happy. Maybe it's therapy - I'm associating my life to all the crap going on in the world. Kinda doubt it. So, take out the news and then there's maybe 3 shows I truly care about, the others I am only watching because I figure, I'm tired and have a few minutes to chill (30 or more). And TV used to keep me company. Explain to me how that really makes sense? 

3. Guess what only takes 10, 30 or 60 minutes, if I'd like. No - not watching Dr. Phil or Bachelor in Paradise. Mindfulness and deep breathing or a SIESTA. And it feels amazing. So, I'm making an effort to make this a habit. Cleaning 1 section of my house takes an hour or less too! Go, Me! 

4. Sleeping better. It's been a genetically proven fact it's rare for me to go to bed willingly before 10pm. So, going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time probably will never happen as long as I'm apart of a bureaucratic full time job. But saying something nice to myself or envisioning the future I truly want right before bed makes me feel better. And during the day I have been saying over and over and over..........the small stuff and the negativity just doesn't matter. I sleep sounder even if I'm only on the pillow for 6 or 7 hours. And despite the experts and research I still play catch up on the weekends. To me, productivity doesn't exist before 8am. I actually tried changing who I am and what my body needs and that only lasted half a week. Maybe I should work somewhere second shift?

5. With that being said.......I'm trying to move my ass in the morning. For a week I was getting to work an 30-hour earlier than necessary. By week 2 I've only been getting to work 20 minutes early. I will admit, some days are faster than others. I've noticed 20 minutes in the morning truly does make a difference though. I have some silence and a refreshed body. 

6. Stop that stinkin' thinking. If something I see or hear bugs me I force it to roll off my back. If I want to say something negative - I try hard to think about what I need to verbalize what it is. If I have a happy thought - I try to expand on it. I write it down, share it in words or through a picture. We are what we eat. And we are what we say and do! 

I prefer to be healthy, happy, calm and have an open mind. Can my Pepsi be that dose of pure naughty-ness?  I'll even cut way back on Halloween Candy...just to keep Pepsi!

7. Unassertiveness. How important is it for me to keep others happy? Really important! So important I'll make my mind and body work extra hard. It's the care taker in me.....or is it?! This one is a work in progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...