Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

This post is dedicated to all of the hardworking, selfless mom's I know!

Earlier today I was thinking of all the reasons why women choose to become mom's.  In a selfish sense - it seems like at first as young women have hope that our kids make our lives whole and complete. There's also hope we will never feel alone on the holiday's as we get older and we'll always have somebody to love us unconditionally. Currently, I am not a mom but I can only imagine the sense of attachment/love, pride and anticipation of watching a child before my eyes grow and turn into a good person. However, with these amazing moments comes work, confusion and growth into ladies we thought would never turn into.

Even though mom's are always gleaming with love and pride, their kids aren't always these magical beings who turn these's ladies lives into a fairy tale.  It's an over abundance of unconditional love and sacrifice when someone has made the decision to give up time, money, sleep, personal hopes and dreams to raise these little people. Each and everyone of these little people have their own personalities, health issues, temperaments, hopes and dreams which takes every single mom out for an adventurous journey that she never thought was possible. Moms are proud when we accomplish things (even when it wasn't her dream for you) and they agonize with pain when we are hurt or hit a bump in the road.

Right now my place in the world is to be helpful, supportive and thoughtful to the moms I know and care for. All of them are fantastic because for the most part, they chose to do the hardest, poorest paying job in the world. They wake up everyday and give it their all, despite what their child has in store for them! So, I am the person they can vent to or have adult conversations with or remind them that behind being mom, there's still "you" and it's okay to take care of just "you" sometimes.  Of course, I am willing to give them a simple smile and laugh as they face this wild journey of motherhood!

If you're not a mom, please remind these ladies to take care of themselves too, if they're not healthy and happy, nobody else will be!



My mom has requested a surprise dessert......I like her style!   I love her for helping me become the person I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...