Saturday, May 20, 2017

A Philosophy....and way of Life!




Rather than a place or support group I am running, the Siesta Hut is becoming an idea or philosophy of how to approach life. For the past several weeks I have been picking a way to simplify my life or become more mindful of the activities I participate in. My thoughts and ideas are unique to me and go about 100 miles a minute! I want to honor these thoughts and ideas. The limited time and energy I have is precious and I have a strong desire to use it more wisely.

What I put into my body and consume is not necessarily being mindful of my time and energy but overall health and nutrition is essential to taking a healthy approach to life. In March I decided to make an effort to cut pepsi out of my diet. I have not gone cold turkey yet, but there have been several days where I have not consumed a pepsi (or coke, or cherry coke, etc).  I have switched to flavored carbonated water and water. I know it's not perfect but it's a start. I could use encouragement from anyone who wants to offer it - I've had a week of not rotating pop every other day and decided to satisfy my urges .  Keep me going on diminishing this. Encouragement is appreciated!

I've also been working on being strategic with my time on Facebook (as I post my blog posts - ha!). But there's a time and place for everything. Facebook time should be more planned and strategic. It's my overall goal to limit my time on Facebook because there's more to life! I've felt this way since the beginning of time (or at least 6 months into my relationship with Facebook).

I have a very strategic "to do" list for work. This is complete with daily deadlines I have set for myself based on the items that are due. I have set 1-2 hours of work 5 days a week set aside for myself along with my caseload and surprises and interruptions. It's working and I feel good about this! Further ideas to expand this strategy will be taking place next school year.

As I settle into making changes in my life, I have more things I would like to change like my sleep patterns and speaking with more positive words and phrases than ever before. As I make these changes for myself, I do believe the Siesta Hut will come alive!

Currently, there are 13 days of this school year and 9 items left on my "to do" list. I will do this with minimal amounts of pepsi and less stress. This will leave me feeling fantastic and ready to start my summer vacation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...