Sunday, December 18, 2016

The Skill that's keeping me employed.

If I can do it.....so can you!


This is a total switch from adventure and hobbies.....but it's about the balance!!!

Work hard.......and of course, play harder!

This school year the holiday season has also meant IEP season. Once Halloween struck so did the heavy amounts of work.  November was full of anticipation, as in how will I get this all done? Like everyone else it also meant anticipation for making gifts, preparing for visiting extra with friends and family. Snow days are wonderful and I refuse to see them in any other way. However, they do change a routine to a very disorganized world as it is.

After Thanksgiving I knew I had to stick with filling out paperwork for 1 IEP or writing 1 report each day.  I wrote this down as a plan. This is actually virtually impossible. I stuck to it as close to possible as I could and did not back down. This works. As for snow days, kids service times are low, meetings are cancelled and need to be rescheduled. But when I was about 4 or 5 days behind on my personal schedule, I used this time to the best of my ability. I required Netfilx and chocolate and Pajamas. But after about 10 hours on Sunday/Monday last Tuesday I entered the week "caught up." Tuesday-Friday caused me to get 1-2 days behind again but this next week I have only scheduled filing for myself.  This way I can have everything I need to get done by this Wednesday afternoon for the week of January 9th. That week is a week of 8 meetings with 3-4 reports wrapped up in the mix.

My one and only plan prior to January 9th is not to think about my job for 2.5 weeks. The best Christmas gift to myself.

I'm learning if has to be done........do it. We're all wasting too much energy thinking, pondering, procrastination.

My happiness is to important and time is moving too fast for my "to do" list to go beyond a list of 10 things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...