Friday, September 2, 2016

How Organized Are You?

Yes, it is football season! But for many of us it is that time of year where things become over whelming and hectic.  Whether you are a parent rolling your eyes at math homework and sports schedules, a teacher/educator planning to rock your students world, a college student reading over syllabi or planning for a new job, move, wedding or new baby......life can be stressful.  Rather than just saying take a deep big "inhale and exhale" it's sometimes important to make a plan and attack these times in our lives in chunks.  Are you good at this?  Or is it insomnia, over eating and migraines to the max?

Since I have decided that a balanced life requires some amount of organization and I have been describing ways that I am organized and not so organized....I thought it was time for another quiz!  Rate yourself as you read this post and ask yourself how you feel about the outcome of each topic.  Good luck! Happy cleaning, scheduling and potentially preparing for another busy school year or just the messiness that life sometimes causes!  If you are in a phase where you can take a Siesta and enjoy Indian Summer and football - I envy you!

1.  I go through old things and decide whether or not I am using certain items:
              a.  Every few months
              b.  Every year
              c.  Why would I do this?  I can afford to purchase a  storage unit.

2.  Everything in my house/car/office, etc. has a place and a purpose.  Even if I use something once a year I know right where it is.
               True or False

3.  Junk Drawers:
           a.  My whole house looks like a junk drawer. I'm not a visual person.
           b.  I'd rather have the clutter hidden than in sight on my counter or floor.  But I clear them out when I have time.
           c.  Gross me out.

4.  Dr.'s Appointment's/Kids Sporting Events/Birthday's/Vacations:
           a.  I memorize them in my head.  If I don't make it, it's cool.
           b.  Everything is on sticky notes in the corner on my end table
           c.  Everything goes into my Google Calendar. My smart phone reminds me
           d.  I have a paper calendar to write things on.
           e.  All of the above, except A

5.  When it comes to setting priorities:
           a.  Setting priorities is not important.  Everyday is a new surprise.
           b.  Everything feels equally important - I take it all as it comes, until I feel stressed.
           b.  The health and overall happiness of me and my loved ones are important.  I work daily at  saying "No" to the things that aren't as important.

6.  I'm a meal planner:
            True or False

7.  I know what I am going to wear the next morning before I go to bed:
             True or False

8.  I have a certain routine each evening where I can finish certain quick chores.  Everyone old enough in the house helps with this.
              True or False

9.   I go to the Grocery Store 1x a week and make sure I use coupons/other discounts and have a list than going when I'm out of things I need.
               True or False

Bonus Questions for Educators/Therapist who are building hoppers:
10.  In 2 weeks your Opening Day Power Point Presentation will be:
          a.  Recycled. They told us during a breakout session to go paperless.
          b.  In my work bag in case I need to refer to it.
          c.  Under the seat of my car with coffee spilled on it.

11.  My Car:
         a.  Spotless.  They told us during a breakout session to go paperless.
         b.  Has some room for passengers.  But the passengers get to play with scissors, umbrellas and theraputty.
         c.  What's that smell?  Where is my coffee mug?  There's theraputty stuck to my floor.

12.  My work bag:
       a.  Don't you mean bags?
       b.  Is under 8lbs and I never carry it on my shoulder
       c.  Is the size of my carry on when traveling to Europe but at least I use a roller bag.
       d.  Is the size of my carry on when traveling to Europe and I put it on my shoulder, neck, arm.  (You people will be getting a blog post dedicated to you, someday. Tisk, tisk.).
       




       




No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...