Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summing Up Play and Leisure


We are approaching the end of July and it is time to wrap up the theme of "play" and "adventure".  We're all hearing buzz about football and back to school shopping. My colleagues and I are getting sprinkles of emails about what to expect the last week of August in terms of schedules and meetings.  This upcoming month is 30 days of Sunday nights.

However, this doesn't mean I will be giving up fun or adventure - I have 1 month of freedom left and I wouldn't want to loose a good balance :) I will hopefully be able to share my shenanigans with all of you!

Reflecting and digging deeper about the hobbies and things that make me the happiest has truly allowed me to realize how complete my life is.  Regardless of my current relationship status or future long over worked days, I am able to look back at memories of really fun times and also have the comfort in knowing that happy, exciting, fulfilling times are ahead.  I also can say that I have healthy outlets for coping strategies in my bag of tricks for the times that are lowest.

Actually knowing that there's an actual description of play and leisure activities - I feel like I have exceeded any expectations I may have ever imagined for myself.  Whether it has been bowling, horseback riding or singing karaoke or taking line dancing lessons.....I've really covered all basis.  And I'm only mid-way through this crazy life.

I do hope this past month I have inspired you to try something new and expand your horizons with things that are fulfilling to you.  Or at the very least participate in activities that relieve your stress and potentially even fill your soul.  My goal is to realize that stress management and being good to myself is a daily ongoing process in every component of my life.  Maybe some of you will begin to join me in this belief as I keep typing and you keep reading.

What will my next theme be for this next month? I have so many ideas and I am working on how I could blog about each of these topics for an entire month.  Sleep? Money Management? My experience with ADL's?  Time Management?   I will not be writing about my political views.....that's a guarantee!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...