Saturday, June 17, 2023

Life Is A Mid-western Highway?!

I have been to various areas around the world including France, Spain, England, Ireland, Toronto, Cozumel, Nassau, and so many spots around the US. However, recently while mediating I envisioned myself driving along the roads and highways of the mid-west. While envisioning this I felt a sense of calm and accomplishment. Maybe it was because I knew I had driven these roads myself but then I visualized the memory of driving in Phoenix and did not have the same feelings as I did about Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and northern MI. Perhaps it's because I am grateful for the ability to see different areas more than once? When using a sponge, I am someone who dips it in the soapy water, wrings it out and then repeat the process again.....you know, to get the full effect! So many others would quickly dip the sponge and wipe the mess away. I have to wonder what are they missing

 In my mind, I compete with myself. I ask myself if I have been to the places in between all of my destinations? If I haven't, then have I really experienced everything life has to offer? What are the components in the middle that I am missing? When can I fill in the gaps?  Is my mind and perception of an area really accurate if I am just strolling through for a couple of hours? 

The sense of calm and accomplishment I felt in those few moments also provided me with the feeling of openness, allowing me to realize I can go anywhere, at anytime....and I am going to miss nothing. I am going to solve everything and the questions I once had will be answered and I will have a new way of perceiving life. It's like these vivid memories and flashbacks gave me the ability to say "You have been here!" "You have done that!" "You're always going to keep moving forward and find new roads to take." 

I appreciate these warm fuzzy feelings while visualizing the roads of the region of the world I am most comfortable with because I am reminded that I am able to appreciate small little moments in life and mold them into something meaningful, insightful and comforting! It is my hope that the world around me continues to open and expand and I am often reminded that my comfort zone has a very wide leash full of memories and perceptions and lacking any gaps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...