Sunday, February 4, 2018

#16 Vices

There are many positive, healthy things that make me happy and will make my life last longer. But then there are the unhealthy things I know I should not be doing!

Wellness experts would say, if you know it's bad for you, make an effort to eliminate these things. I understand but in some ways striving for perfection is exhausting and can cause pressure and stress, right?

Isn't there just 1 or 2 things we should all do that make us "naughty?"

I've never smoked, done drugs or swallowed a Tide Pod. I've been a little mean to my skin with a small tattoo and bad sunburns on purpose. I could probably make it in life to never drink alcohol again. You're welcome my beautiful liver. And even though I don't fully make an effort to diet or give up on cookies, candy, desserts I think I probably could.   I could make an effort to eat more healthy and stick with it. I do this in waves as it is and the longer I stick to healthy foods, the more I like it. 

However, giving up Pepsi just sounds like a completely bad idea to me. Yes, drinking lots of water is important and yes soda is bad for me.

But getting my fix, makes me happy and feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...