Wednesday, February 7, 2018

#17 Last Vice


This winter I've basically been avoiding the cold and the dark, the best that I can!

After work I clean my cat's litter boxes, take a bath/shower and hop in my PJ's. I usually don't even open the curtains. I turn on the news (many days this causes a some stress/disappointment) as I heat up my dinner and complete vision therapy exercises.

Then, as I eat and unwind I binge watch shows to the best of my abilities with as many lights off as possible.  I absolutely love this routine! Many nights I don't make it past binge watching but other nights I will clean up, stretch, write.

It may seem small and simple but showering/bathing in the middle of the day or after work really helps me. The past couple of years I have been known to fall asleep in the tub. By switching things up and doing it this way I actually feel more accomplished. The responsibilities of my evenings are mainly done before I eat dinner. Due to the weather and darkness, it doesn't matter.

It is a complete luxury and guilty pleasure that I am able to land on the couch most evenings. I don't even like waiting a week to watch a show or for commercials anymore. I'm hooked!  But I know I work very hard to have this luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...