Friday, August 25, 2017

Vision Therapy Update





As the summer comes to an end I have been able to physically see changes in the effort I am putting towards myself.

I can't say I do a 5 minute plank......

I also still indulge in Pepsi..........even though I am making some excellent food choices lately.

However, I have stuck with all vision therapy exercises. It takes me longer than 15 minutes a day and some of the exercises have been very difficult, especially when it has come to getting my 2 eyes to work together for far away work. My right eye still usually shuts down. It's been shut down or "suppressed" for about 30 years. It will take awhile to wake up. I have a slight regret in adding a prism to my prescription 6 years ago, but we all live and learn. My eyes are working well together for near work. I have been wearing my glasses less this summer.

Today, when I met with the optometrist it was confirmed that I no longer need a prism in my glasses and my prescription for nearsightedness has improved. I will need to get a pair of glasses without the prism to assure my right eye is participating in the exercise process. I still have 6-8 weeks left of therapy and there's no guarantee my prescription won't change again in October when I am done. CHA-CHING! But I am so intrigued to see what the final outcome will be! This is proof that rehab/exercising and dedication towards myself has benefits in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...