Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Hiring a shopper!



I am still on my mission to make life a little easier. I know if I really didn't have my OCD financial goals I could just "hire" people. You know, a cleaning lady, a shopper and someone that does my finger and toe nails on a regular basis. As an adult with cerebral palsy who works full time, all of this makes perfect sense! I deserve to treat myself like royalty......if I knew I could do this without giving up trips and retirement money.....I totally would.

Truthfully, our society is setting us up to never leave our house to shop.

Hiring a shopper?!? Sign me up. I'd rather clean toilets than grocery shop. Really.

I briefly have thought about the ingredients that are delivered to your door to make a fancy meal (for me yes, they're fancy). But then there's chopping and cutting involved......I hate cooking more than grocery shopping! There's more and more - Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, etc. Then, one day I received a coupon in snail mail for chewy.com. And I was intrigued because my furry little friends send me to the grocery store on their behalf quite often. The prices were similar to what I paid to pull it off the shelf and haul it home without the use of mPerks. Because of mPerks, empty pop cans and premade salads at Meijer's deli I hesitated.

But hiring a shopper?!? Hello, Shipt from Mejier where I can use mPerks and it's the store my family has used since, forever.

Not fully excited or comfortable with the idea, I tried it yesterday. And today, I cancelled my year membership. There were a ton of little things that bothered me. I'm sitting here with my $5 off mPerk coupon and empty Pepsi cans - I know - pepsi cans :( :(. I also have about 12 more plastic bags in my house, the wrong milk and no spinach. I was credited twice for the milk. I spent over an hour online yesterday picking out items and basically learning the app and still kind of feel like I wasn't an expert at using it (where's the option to squeeze your fruits)? Then, my shopper was texting and wanting to call me for 15 (+) minutes about the substitutions for items that weren't available. It felt like I sent my husband shopping!! My shopper was beyond sweet and professional but also left someone else's bag with me and had to turn around to come back. I keep mentioning mPerks but at times I feel lazy when I look over coupons. Instead of wasting money by skipping over my coupons, I found myself giving my shopper a tip along with the annual fee I knew I paid.  However, before I was able to cancel I was given a $20 credit and 2 months free. I have no doubt Shipt is going to do everything for customers to make it worth their time and money. But is it for me, when I'm totally comfortable buying a 1/2 gallon of milk for the week at the gas station?

For awhile now I tacking toilet paper onto my Amazon order when I need to reach the cost of free shipping. And so it begins, it's like magic, toilet paper just appears on my doorstep. I do realize lots of other essentials could just start appearing like this.

I am leaning towards getting an Amazon prime membership for non-perishables. And winging it for perishables or truly shopping locally as much as I can.

I'm looking for fast, easy, no hassles. I'm looking for ways to save my energy for things that are the most important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...