Wednesday, August 16, 2017

It's Sunday Night



Sorry to confuse those of you that are not educators. It is early afternoon on a Wednesday.
I just woke up at 8:30am and made scrambled eggs with peppers and cheese. I've also been taking my time with getting my day started by hoping on and off social media, morning talk shows, being entertained by my cats and using an ice pack on my shoulder. Life is slow paced however, these days are numbered!

Tomorrow and Friday while it's sunny and in the upper 70s to low 80s, I will attend professional development days at work. I must say, I'm okay with easing back into the craziness of the bureaucratic world. However, there's no doubt - since August 1st I've been waking up to experience Sunday. The last road trip; the last chance to complete household chores; the last visit with people I care for before I'm busy/pre-occupied and my last chance to stay up to 12:30am without feeling the effects. Each day there seems to be an email with some level of importance. Nature is even giving me warning signs that IEP season is just around the corner......it's dark by 9pm.

The thought crosses my mind - the great weather and my birthday represents - the end of summer?

Rather than let the anticipation of the hard work, everyone's addiction to urgent emails and cold dark days I have been working on making the most of my August.

Gratitude and a positive attitude needs to be present in every situation. I've pondered this, written about it and I've begun to practice it. It works :)

Out of the average of 40 weeks that I do work - I'm grateful the first 4 are partial weeks! I will be able to go see the lake and have meals on patios through Labor Day weekend. There's no need to fret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...