Sunday, November 20, 2016

Gratuity.....So long overdue!!!


Oh my....do I need at week about writing about everything gratuity.  I think we all do! Take a Siesta or 2 or 3 this week and process what gratuity means to you! I will do the same!

It is the month of Giving Thanks, even though I feel we should all experience Gratitude more than 30 days a year. November and Thanksgiving is a great place to start!

In years past I have posted daily on Facebook about one thing a day that I am grateful for. One fall I was keeping a journal next to my bed so every night I could write about what I was grateful for. I will say that I believe writing it down for myself gave me a chance to get my deeper personal thoughts out there about my gratuity towards people or situations. And this did change my perspective at a time when I was healing. As I have practiced gratuity and thought about the meaning of the word and concept, I've grown, changed and learned lessons. What I am now able to write and share regarding my gratuity towards this life I have been given is much less superficial than what it initially was 7 years ago when I did this for the first time.

Maybe that I means I can be grateful for becoming a woman of substance.

I know all of you have been loving my quizzes the past several months.  So :)

What are you grateful for?
Do you write these things down?
Do you recite them in the back of your mind when you are having a bad day?
Do you say these things out loud to your loved ones, at your place of worship, in the mirror while looking at yourself?
How does your perspective change towards your current life situation?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...