Thursday, November 24, 2016

A Woman of Substance...The Reason Why I am Grateful!


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Of course I am grateful for the food on the table, parents that are still healthy and with me today! A new sister in law on the way, cats sitting next to me on the couch this morning as I relax. Friends in 5 (+) states and across the world who I am able to keep in touch with. And of course a stable job, home, nice car.  There's a lot of physical and external things that have given me a great life.

But the past couple of years I've learned that there is so much more! This fall has given me the chance to fully experience that.  Who am I, really? What do I really need to live the best life that I can? What makes me happy?

I've been able to give myself the opportunities to answer these questions and that makes me grateful! Unlike 5 years ago, I like having time alone so I can hear my inner thoughts. I really like myself and where I am headed. I know this will make me a better family member, friend, employee to be around!

I have learned that happiness, fulfillment and love comes without a rule book (despite other bloggers and authors in our society). These 3 things are like our hand prints they look different for everyone! All of our stories look different and therefore it is okay if our reaction towards certain situations are different.

Even though I say these things, I am still learning to always trust my inner intuition. I am still learning that my time is valuable and I only get one chance to make this life what I want it to be. My story and path is turning out differently than other women around me. When I was 18 and 21, the only thing I wanted was to be like everyone else. I'm grateful this has changed! I am grateful I want extra forks in the road and I am willing to stretch my boundaries. My story will not be boring when I am in the nursing home. I am a woman of substance!

 Remember to show gratitude for the qualities that you offer to every situation. Whether it's pure logic and rule following during meetings, or a totally awesome sense of humor when people need to lighten up, will power to work out every morning at 5am, or a caring and patient heart when parenting and nurturing America's youth....as an individual you have something to bring to the table. Own it and be grateful for these qualities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...