Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Taking Time to Savor...Everything!

Kim"isms" Part 1 - Yes, a series of my life perspective!

I'm slow with everything I do which is good because I can savor every aspect of life.  It's kind of like foodies forcing themselves to eat slow to enjoy all the textures and flavors of the food they view as art. I do eat slowly however it is not forced, I'm just a natural!

To me it is more than just food or art. Everything in life should be savored and cherished. Nothing ever stays the same and we all only have one chance to experience everything life has to offer. From bad dates, hard tests, to watching friends move away, to traveling across the world, and owning a home and car with my own money. It all has meaning and makes me who I currently am today!

Each phase of my life I have taken several months or years to process what I am experiencing and thinking/feeling about those experiences. Very few times I have felt overwhelmed or to stressed to truly slow down to think and acknowledge what I am feeling. This is a good quality because I feel like I am able to be very decisive about the choices I make. This also means I am a more honest person because of my decisive, cautious nature. Many people learn to rush around and jump to the next stages of their lives without acknowledgement of the reasons why they are doing something or what they learned or feel from the situation. But yet to me it looks like they have everything they could ever ask for so easily and quickly.

I guess I am summarizing these thoughts because I have noticed that very amazing gifts have come into my life however it seems that it takes much longer for these gifts to come along. When the gifts do come along they come in small doses and one at a time. I am naturally able to be incredibly grateful and make a small gift into an enormous life blessing. It's my way of realizing I truly have it all. I couldn't ask for more and I am really looking forward to the next several phases I get to slowly savor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...