Thursday, December 6, 2018

We're a cool Duo

Hello cerebral palsy! We’ve been together since the beginning which too many seems like a tragedy. The physical delays or actual losses, getting picked on, misunderstood because my speech is affected, being a minority, learning difficulties, aches and pains. You are the easiest thing to blame every challenge or misfortune I have on. But that’s not fair because everyone struggles and has things they want to change about themselves. 

I will say, you have taught me to never give up regardless of how big the obstacle is. You are there to remind me to always be compassionate and empathetic (not sympathetic towards others). You allow me to appear soft and vulnerable on the outside but hard & unbreakable on the inside. You have taught me patience, resilience and resourcefulness. By making a decision to have a good relationship with you and live full each day...I somehow inspire others just by minding my own business and putting up with you 💗so I suppose we’re a pretty cool duo...”you and me!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...