Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Weather Weenies - ALERT!

I've been on Facebook less than 10 minutes today and I've gotten 6 million weather forecasts! Some people have posted about this daily or 2-3 times in a day.

Thank you, Newsfeed. I was unaware.

No, actually. I noticed. I noticed as I looked at the weather apps on my phone, as the radio and morning news on my TV told me about schools 2 hour delays; as I put on my winter coat and opened my garage door and saw accumulation on the roads; as I drove down the dangerous snow and icy roads; and when I pumped gas today and my ears became numb. Especially when my furnace broke down during the ice storm this week.

I'm grumpy, yes. Spring flowers are some of my favorite, happiest things and not to mention my lack of bike rides and spring break travel.

I am however, trying to combat this.  1. Now, I have heat! 2. October of 2017 was well beyond hot and warm, this is Michigan and my expectations are low. 3. I have a schedule of remaining IEPs and reports for the next 6 weeks, this week should technically be my finals week so I can go out and play when Michigan changes it's mind. 4. Facebook Newfeed, doesn't help. I don't want to complain and read about complaints. I want to keep my curtains shut and eat chili for the last time this season.

While taking a deep look into my mood swings and overall happiness weeks and situations like this is a series of "Little Bad Things". I'm not chronically ill, I have money to pay my bills, I have a warm home and so much more!!

I can't sweat the small stuff!!  I just may go over my Pepsi limit. But maybe I can make this a productive evening and week? Especially since I've already thrown a pity party for myself about my mishaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...