Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Top 10 Things I've Learned About Stress

1. Wasting time and energy on things not important to me make the physical symptoms of my disability worse. This is okay. It's my gauge to seek out the happier things in life.
2. It's an effort to avoid stress like the plague but also very well worth it!
3. Hard work and difficult times will occur however my resilience and ability to bounce back will increase as I learn to take care of my mind and body.
4. Taking care of my whole self can be done by practicing gratuity, maintaining a positive attitude and taking care of my body physically.
5. If I had to treat my energy like money, I would spend it much differently on a daily basis.
6. Effort and energy spent should have a positive end result.
7. If effort and energy is spent and I know there's going to be no satisfaction.....letting go is okay.
8. Letting go means to: Say no. Walk away. This is very hard for me. But it's also essential that I pick and choose what's important to me.
9.  To avoid negativity/depression - my passion and drive for something must be stronger than the physical effort I put forth.
10. I would really like the next phase of my career to focus on helping people with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...