Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Love.

I missed posting for Valentine's Day however, we might as well make February the month of love. It's a captivating topic! I truly believe in a well balanced life, so let's not skip over LOVE!

As it's said in the movie Love Actually, "Love is actually all around us."

Sometimes I just feel like the general population turns a blind eye or turns an emotion or human need into something to commercialized to make money.

For myself I know I want to have an open mind towards new experiences, people, ideas so I am able to continue being a good listener who is non-judgmental. Hopefully living this way will result in a complete life. Actually, when thinking about it, this is what my interpretation of what love truly is! I feel as if there a several different types of love...so many different types, it's hard to grasp the words.

In order to experience love I feel like it's important to work on the following: Loving the community I am in which includes volunteering, fundraising, helping large causes and speaking up for what I believe in. Having several acquaintances I am willing to smile at and be friendly to and remembering being non-judgmental is important because everyone wants to be heard by other individuals. Realizing friendships have the same importance and qualities as acquaintances but having common backgrounds, trust and similar interests also play a role in the quality of each friendship. It's also important for me to remember intimacy and partnership will always require the basic needs and foundation of acquaintances and friendship.......After all "How can we be lovers, if we can't be friends."

Their are so many other ways to express love to those important people in my life such as being a nurturing care taker, being awesome at flirting and flattering others, compromising and learning to be patient and understanding (even though I'm the one who is right, haha!).  And of course all of these terms of endearment are things I "love" to receive as well.  Who doesn't?

So, last week while America was celebrating with sugar, flowers, jewelry and cards........I have been thinking about how I can be the best I can be at expressing each of these qualities to the majority I come into contact with. Being able to think about these things and what it all means to me and putting it into words for others to read is enough mush for me! Happy month of love! 😍😍😍😍



No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...