Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy New Year!




Yay!

We are all talking and thinking about ways to improve ourselves this week.  It is time to let go, move forward from things that have been causing us to to slump below our line of balance, homeostasis and inner peace. Some of us even want to zip up above the line of balance and peace with a jolt of positive habits, new adventures and challenges.

Even if we don't stick to these thoughts and ideas it inspires me that we all have some hope for ourselves! Sometimes baby steps or 2 steps forward and one step back is the only way to go. This time of year encourages us to do that!

For me I truly believe that things are going to continually change in a subtle way. I have images and ideas of where I would like to see myself at the end of this phase of my life.  I'll be honest, I'm still struggling on how to get there, but I remind myself daily this is apart of the fun and the journey. I am also content with the fact that I'll probably end up in a completely different place than I am currently envisioning. As long as I'm not boring, it's all good! 

I plan to: Explore/Discover. Work hard. Play harder. Rest well. Remember the majority of situations have a positive twist. Love myself and others deeply. And I am going to continue to share these things through my words.

Security, comfort and knowing what is going to happen next sounds like a really good plan however this is not what I've been craving recently.

To get to the place I am headed I am going to have to push myself into unfamiliar areas. I have learned I gain the most by pushing boundaries and exploring unfamiliar things/feelings. It is easier to run to the things that are comfortable and familiar to me. But I long for challenges and adventure.

I'd like to thank everyone who reached out and made a comment about my blogging last year.  You all made it fun and worth while!  I really did discover things that I never thought I would.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...