Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A personal legacy?


I'm still in a mood to make a plan for myself what the next several months/years will look like.  All the "should's" seem to not be appealing to me at this time because then I will look like everyone else.

I was asked last summer what I wanted my legacy to be. And I was intrigued.


Before I was asked this questioned I would have never imagined that we all have the opportunity to create our own legacy. This does not always mean fame or fortune.  When someone says a person's name when you are old or gone, what do they say? Will be legacy sound like someone else's?


I do believe my ultimate goal is to live my life through the suggestions of The Siesta Hut I keep envisioning and keep putting these experiences into words and see where that takes me.

How many people get the opportunity to write and share about their disability being a blessing.  The maturity, empathy and patience it has offered me. It's the reason why I have the career I have and the reason why I approach situations the way I do. Why leave this journey a secret? Those negative physical symptoms are only apart of what this life has to offer me.  Learning how to take care of my body and work smarter to increase productivity is only going to help me and potentially inspire others.  As I started sharing my writing more and more last year, I began to realize, I really am influencing others.

I'm headed down a path to figure out what it is that I truly have to offer this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...