Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Path Narrows...but the Plot Thickens!

First off I have got to say - thank you for reading and following my journey!

Last weekend was a 3 day weekend. A few days before that I was really thinking hard about where my career path was headed. After the long weekend I feel my path is really beginning to narrow! I looked up how to improve  my blog and got some really good ideas that I want to start using. I dipped my toe into looking at new immediate sources of income. I updated my LinkedIn account. Nothing really felt right, I just felt more stressed. At about 10pm Saturday night last weekend an idea popped into my head that sparked my passion. I have realized that I just have to trust my intuition and keep making the dreams and ideas an actual reality.  As I was researching how to improve my blog, I asked myself "Why don't I just create The Siesta Hut as an online blog or business?" I can make interactive quizzes or survey's (which is a tip for blogging - make it interactive). By Tuesday night after advice from another professional, I was suddenly getting advice on how to create a website with a role of being a life coach. I began creating my website Wednesday night and have made little changes to it this weekend (it's not yet published). But instead of feeling stressed out by working, I find this all very exciting and slightly nerve wrecking. As I gained ideas for the website and polishing up my ideas, I found myself thinking about the 2 professions I have a college degree in. I feel passionate about this - like it's my creation!

I've learned to make a successful personal business I need a motto and a mission statement which is about as far as I've gotten so far. Once I thought of a motto, it just didn't slip my mind. The motto of The Siesta Hut is "Holistic Approach. Productive Results."

I still plan on maintaining a balance. Friends and family time are important to me. So is sleep.  I actually broke down and hired a helper for cleaning and other things around the house. I did not miss cleaning the bathroom one millisecond this weekend!  But I am hoping that some of my Kim time will be spent fulfilling my passion. If this is the path I am headed down I must practice what I preach!

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...