Friday, August 28, 2015

Career Path - The Plan

Career Path

1.)  Since I am fairly happy with where I am at within a bureaucracy I am 80-90% sure I am staying there.  Currently, I work 184 days a year which means that I have 181 days for other components to my life.  I am a quarter of a way through receiving a pension (which amazes me).  It can be overwhelming and petty however I think any work place can be.  You never know what can happen.  I could be forced to seek other full time employment or dynamics in the work place could change dramatically to the point where I would want to leave for my well being. 

        a.)  With this being said - I'd love to leave work at work.  I'm going to try me best to do this.  There are several components to this. 
        b.)  I'd like to leave as soon as I hit 30 years and have my benefits with the retirement package (mid-year, possibly no collection of personal investments, or social security due to my young age - I want to prepare myself to be ready)
         c.) Stress, time, pain management along with good ergonomics and relaxation techniques are going to be crucial.  It's time to think like an OT and beef up the research and knowledge in these areas. 
                      * Through my research and expertise I could potentially end up doing presentations, speeches and consulting with stressed out employees 

2.)  I love to write - I'm decent at it and putting my thoughts into words gives me a new perspective on how I view where my life is headed.  So, I have 3 different blogs that I am building up (each of them focus on different components of my life).  

          a.)  Maybe eventually I will take a course or receive training on how to earn money on each of my blogs and how to run a website.
          b.)  In my internet searches I've noticed that blogs could become eBooks or books that are actually published. 
          c.)  Perhaps this could give me an extra chunk of money for retirement years and keep me out of trouble, because I will be busy typing away! 

3.)  I could do consultant work based on the knowledge I gain from my personal experiences and training/expertise.

I feel so happy/excited and motivated about these ideas.  I am sure I will think of more and things will change as I take this journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...