Saturday, October 1, 2016

How does Kim Measure Up with Time Management..

When thinking about organization and time management for myself, a few things pop into my mind:

1.  I am becoming really resentful about completing non-purposeful things.  It scares me, I don't like being resentful.  However, at least I have established what matters to me.  It is taking more of an effort to filter out what does not matter to me.  This is a work in progress.  I think because it's on my mind and I am feeling this way, I am more apt to make the changes I want to make.

2.  An IEP a day keeps the stress away.  About once a week I have an eval (2 hours worth of report writing) and couple times a week I have IEP information to fill in (20-30 minutes).  My hope is just to get these done and out of the way, in small chunks, daily.  It seems easy...but I assure you, an IEP a day will take major discipline.  But I'll walk away feeling more accomplished. And yes, this is a purposeful thing. Kind of like going to the
dentist.

3.  Small chores around the house should be handled just like an IEP a day.

4.  I want to earn money by taking care of my body and mind.

5.  I'm tired of making time for things like Netflix and Facebook, watching the evening news.  If I need a break why am I not meditating/reflecting, getting massages or sleeping?  It is just easier to maintain the same routine after work.  I did this after a very overwhelming 6 day work week this evening.  I shut Netflix off, set my phone down and began to breathe. I listened and watched a Thunderstorm as my dinner warmed up in the oven.  I really was able to hear myself think and thoughts beyond work deadlines or what friends/family are up to or what laundry had to be folded bubbled to the surface.  It did feel peaceful and good.  After about 22 minutes, someone texted me and I ended it.  But if it's a real time to be truly with myself and think about long exhales and what matters to me the most, that's all that is needed.

6.  If you think long exhales and deep breathing is only for nut job hippies....I challenge you to try for a week.  While working on it, you get to make noises like Darth Vader.  I used to say I could never exhale longer than I inhaled.  I proved myself wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KYxYOo2RnA


7. I may have OCD.  I've known it before but this month after blogging about organization.....I do get a rush after things are clean and in order.  I have a hard time initiating it, but once I get going...I become anal and particular and have the end rush.  If report writing made me feel this way, my life would be complete.

8.  Time Management will keep me employed in a bureaucracy.  However it takes effort and is a work in progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARNING HOW TO MAINTAIN A CAREER WITH A PHYSICAL DISABILITY

Cerebral palsy has helped determine the career path I have taken. With my role as a school based Occupational Therapist, I have challenges r...